"One who sees something good must narrate it." Ugandan proverb.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Gift for the Queen of Buganda.

     In my village of Media, PA is a store called Earth and State. In that store are beautiful and funky hand made gifts, most hand crafted locally or at least in the States. You feel good when you are in there. Many items from this store have found homes with friends across the Atlantic, as gifts from me when I travel. And if I am at a loss for what to purchase, Drew the store proprietor and his wife Heather are eager to help out.


     Drew helped me choose this little trinket. Beautiful and functional, but small enough to hand carry in a journey that will take me across a few continents for a few days. This bowl has been designed and created by Leandra Drumm. The glass has been dry-etched with unique and whimsical designs as you can see. How brilliant it is in sunlight!

     My children Carolynne and Patrick will have stepped onto the African continent for the first time in just ten days. Having never met a Royal before in their young lives, shouldn't they be the ones to give this gift to the Queen? They'll be nervous. I wonder if they should kneel?

    The Queen can fill her bountiful bowl with sim sim, g-nuts, or even cut up mango or papaya. I prefer it filled with friendship, love, and gratitude.

     Hope she likes it.



No comments:

Post a Comment