"One who sees something good must narrate it." Ugandan proverb.

Monday, July 19, 2010

"The path to your heart's desire is never overgrown." Ugandan Proverb

Today I sent a thank you letter to the Queen of Buganda. In a summer of firsts, this too is a first. I never wrote a letter to royalty in all my life. At first, I wasn't sure the best way to go about it. But then, it seemed reasonable to me that if one writes a letter from the heart, it will be appropriate in any circumstance, especially a royal one.


**********************************************************************************************************

July 19, 2010
The Private Secretary to the Nnabagereka
Her Royal Highness Queen Sylvia Nagginda
Luswata
Bulange Mengo
P.O. Box 58
Kampala, Uganda


Dear Madam,
  Greetings of the highest kind I humbly and joyfully present to the Queen. On behalf of my children Carolynne and Patrick McKenna, and the entire community of Brain Tree Primary School - Kyanja, I offer heartfelt gratitude to Her Royal Highness for officially opening the Culture Center at Brain Tree on Saturday, July 3, 2010. Indeed it was a day that the ancestors, elders, community, and children will not soon forget! 


   Though I have been in Uganda several times over the years, this summer was the first such time I shared Uganda with my children Carolynne and Patrick. It was this mother’s dream! Having Her Royal Highness grace our grand opening with her appearance and appreciation raised the event and the importance of the Culture Center to a level of magnificence that even I did not dare dream of.  How the Queen accepted the gift of the friendship bowl directly from the hands of my children has been etched in this mother’s heart forever! I am deeply grateful.

I offer profound appreciation for the gift of your presence, your supporting words, and all encompassing smile that day at Brain Tree - Kyanja.  Thank you very much for all that you do for children, the people of Uganda, and our global community. Though we come from many diverse cultures, we are truly all made from the same stardust; we are one. Life is best when we stand united.  Thank you for showing so many how to do just that. Blessings to you and your family, always.
pastedGraphic.pdf
 
    Sincerely yours


Lori Ann DiGuardi

No comments:

Post a Comment